Friday, October 05, 2007

Wednessday Night Woes!

He wants my insurance money! It happened just like in the movies!
Okay, this is kind of a funny story, even more so, because I was wondering what my next blog entry would be...and here we are!

Well Wednessday evening around 11ish...I was on my laptop as usual minding my business instant messageing some friends and Reggie is watching a movie. He was being a cool husband and decided to get some Dibs (new age Bon-Bon's) into a little bowl for us to share....
So, I'm poppin em' back to back...maybe had 5....until my mouth got all tingly...
The same kind of tingly feeling I get when I have an allergic reaction to peanuts or seafood! So, I tell Reggie, "Babe! I think there was a peanut in here! I think I ate it!" So, needless to say, the feeling intensified within minutes, I am in the bathroom, rinsing my mouth out, brushing my teeth, trying to get rid of all remnants of the peanut that was aaccidently in my ice cream!

I'm in the bathroom, frantically trying to rince it all out, while Reggie is by my side making sure I am okay but in the same breath, "Babe! We should sue!" So, I am like, "Boy be quiet! Go get me the box!" I wanted to see the box because you know a lot of times when you go for ice cream they have to put the disclaimer about allergies (peanuts). So I read it and it does say the disclaimer and it says that there are almonds in the ice cream! So I am like "WHAT!?" I turn the cannister around only to see the words, "Nestle Drumstick" written on the front of the box! So I am yelling, "REGGIE!!!!!! YOU GOT THE WRONG KIND!!!"

Okay, so he called himself replacing my Nestle Crunch Dibs with the Nestle Drumstick. The only thing they has in common was that the logo for both was red, white and blue and both made by Nestle! So he picked up the wrong one without reading the lable carefully! So, I am really frantic now! I'm thinking I ate just one little measly peanut, when I actually ate more than that! Within a few more minutes, the feeling intensifies even more! My throat is beginning to become numb, my lips are swelling and my eyes are itching!!! My baby is dead to the world sleeping the night away, I have to go to ER! OMG! CRAP! Last time this happened, there was a peanut on the bottom slice of my pizza and just went to bed hoping I would be fine in the morning....NOT! Last time I looked like an oversized chipmunk! It was so uncool! So I did not want a repeat of what happened last year so I had to go to the hospital!

At this point, Reggie is feeling completely horrible! =( I kept teasing him asking if he wanted my insurance money!? He said it wasn't enough! Sucker! I been giving him a hard time ever since...trying to kill me!

So a shot in my right butt cheek later, and a strong dose of Benedryl, I got sent home...
Another close call....he tried to kill me yall! LOL!

7 comments:

Cindy F said...

Oh ma goodness! There's some mid-week excitement for you. Ugh, that must be miserable and scary at the same time. Hope you're back to normal now.

hiscrappergirl said...

LOL!!! Yeah Reggie and me have a deal to split the money :) Ha ha, just kidding!! I am so glad you are feeling better and that you made it through another attempt on the insurance money. Reggie and I need to come up with another plan!! (insert evil laugh here ...)

Jacki said...

LOL!!! It's funny but it's not, ya know? LOL!!!! Glad you're okay!

Jennifer Priest said...

OMG Trisha--that is crazy!!!

Unknown said...

That is SO Reggie! I am glad you are ok girly!! But I was in tears from laughing!

Adriann said...

Stay away from the peanuts!!!!

LOL- My word verification is jsuig. I immediately thought just suing!!!

TanishaRenee said...

OMGosh, what a story! I'm glad everything turned out well!
I know that Benadryl shot had you feeling all loopy, I had to have one before, the night I found out I was allergic to Zithromax (antibiotic). Not fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails